Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving was so crazy, I'm just getting to blog about it...

Well, my first annual Thanksgiving dinner was a success! We spent all day the day before getting the house cleaned for the 19th time. Then we managed to entertain two house guests (AKA - My niece and her boyfriend who were a HUGE help). Then we had dinner guest on Wednesday night b/c Hunter's brother and our sister-in-law came over to visit with us and see the kiddos! It was hectic, but I still managed to get my 23 (that's right I said TWENTY-THREE) pound turkey ready and in the fridge to be cooked Thursday am!

I got up at 6:30 to feed Ema and put the Turkey in the oven. It cooked for 6 hours! When we went to move it from the roasting pan to the platter, it fell apart. It was so moist and juicy!! YUMMY! Everyone started arriving around 3 or later. We ate at 5 and it was a wonderful dinner. I've never seen so much food in my life!!! It was crazy. We had to clear off a counter in the kitchen just for the desserts there were so many. Maybe I over-planned...oh well, it was great!
I spent all day Black Friday at the mall. It was crazy. I managed to shop for 13 hours. I got a lot of Christmas shopping done.
We took the kids to my in-laws on Saturday and spent the whole day decorating the house for Christmas.
All and all it was a great holiday! We managed to have a successful Turkey day with 25 people in our house and spend good quality family time together!
I love our family and we are so blessed with how much love and caring we have in our lives. I'm not sure what we'd do without them sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you all had such a good turkey day and shopping day!

    ReplyDelete