Friday, August 13, 2010

It's Been a While

Well, a million and one things have happened in our lives since the last time I blogged. I had started some posts about Ema and our hospital experiences. Those never got finished and were left in the saved part of my blog. Everyone knows what happened with her so, I guess it's fair to say I'll leave those where they are.
Unfortunately, 2010 has continued to be a whale of a year for us! I was laid off from my job in July. My boss had to file bankruptcy and was unable to keep me on. I'm kind floundering right now. I've had a couple of interviews which have just been, eh! I haven't heard back from either one of them, so I don't guess it matters...
SOOOOO, I've decided that all I can do is turn EVERYTHING over to God. I can worry and stress and everything else all I want, but it will not do me any good and it won't change a thing. God has a plan for our family, and I'm going to be patient and wait for him to show me that plan. Hunter has gone back to work and is actually enjoying it! That's a good thing. I have gotten to spend a lot of time with the kiddos lately and that has been wonderful.
As for Ema, she has started walking. Cannot believe it! Her neurosurgeon had kinda tried to prepare us that she may not walk well, blah, blah, blah and that it may not be for a while, blah, blah, blah. Hunter says he was just trying to keep us from getting our hopes up. Whatever he was doing it doesn't matter. She's fattened up and is walking like she owns the world these days. To us, these things are not little victories. They are huge, and she is doing it because she is God's special little girl! We are so excited to see her doing so well.
On another note...I had to take my boards again this past week. As a PA, I have to do this every six years. I studied and studied and am not real certain I passed, but I can at least say I tried. I have another chance to take it in November if I didn't pass it.
Also, Hunter's grandmother is in the hospital after having had hip surgery. She is doing well, but it will be a long road to recovery. I just ask that everyone keep her in your prayers. She's an amazing woman and has the strength of ten women and an amazing faith in God. I know she will do well.
Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'm going to have to do better about keeping everyone updated. It seems I may have some time on my hands...........................

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again:-) I'm glad you gave us an update - we'll keep in your thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete