Friday, August 27, 2010

Just catching up




I have had a fun-filled couple of weeks. The kids and I have been on the go every day. We've been to Pump It Up, Chick-Fil-A playground, My mom's work to visit Granny like 3 times. We fed the ducks at Island Cove (aka LoretMarina), the Warner Park Zoo and on and on...
Hunter and I have switched Sunday School classes at church. I had to give up my sweet angels and am teaching the senior girls this year. Hunter is teaching the Junior and Senior boys. He's so excited. This is the class he had our first year in the youth group and loved them. I, on the other hand, have a challenge before me.
I'm not real sure what to say. There are some really good girls in this class. They are eager to learn and are eager to go to college and be witnesses for the Lord. Then there are the girls who do nothing but stir up trouble. These are the girls who are mad at me because I told them on the first day that "I don't expect much from them. I'm very laid back. I do, however, expect at least 15-20 minutes of their time for the lesson." Apparently, these girls feel that I am just there to babysit while they socialize. I have to say that this year is going to be a challenge.
Now, when I say challenge, I don't neccessarily think that it's going to be a bad one. I'm just not sure where it's going to go. A few of the girls have made it clear they are going to be disrespectful, and I have made it clear that I'm still the adult. This is where being a Christian comes in...I stayed up for two nights unable to sleep over this. Then I realized what I was doing all over again.
Just because I gave my job situation to the Lord, doesn't give me the right to sit around and stress about all of the other stressful situations in my life. So, here and now, it is in His hands. Sunday morning is going to be interesting. I am praying for guidance as to where to take my lesson and what to do with the lecture that will follow the lesson. I haven't fully decided whether or not I'm going to say anything. At the same time, I was talking to Hunter last night about the whole thing. What he said makes complete since...It's just like with our children, if we let a behavior go on that we don't agree with and try to punish them for it 6 months after they've been doing it for, well, 6 months, it's a whole lot harder to make them understand why we are correcting them at that point as opposed to correcting them from the beginning.
So, just keep me in your prayers on Sunday. It's going to be interesting.
Until then, we are heading to a family reunion tomorrow then out with some friends tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment