Saturday, November 7, 2009

Another Great Weekend with the Family

I had a really busy week at work this week, so our plans for the weekend were not really etched in stone. It seems like they just kinda fell into our laps. We ended up having great family time!

We decided to take the kids to see their great-grandmothers this weekend and next. This Friday we went to see my granny. She lives in the retirement center where my mom works, so me and the kids (Hunter was reffing) surprised my mom and my granny. Granny was really excited to see the kids. The family jokes b/c she is always asking me, "What do you do with three of em?" My answer of course is always, "Um, Granny, the same thing you did!!" (My mom has a brother and a sister and they are all within three years of age!) We ate lunch with my mom afterwards, and I just can't describe how good the kids were at lunch. They have been acting so good lately when we've gone out to eat. {SIDE BAR: My mom took the boys by herself on Wednesday to pick out some shoes at Stride Rite at the mall. They were perfect little gentlemen. They tried on shoes. Rode the train. Played on the playground (Ugh, gross!) Ate lunch and even got a cookie b/c they were so good.} I got my hair done, then we ended our Friday with dinner at home.

OF NOTE...we tried the new Gigi's cupcakes for dessert. Well, just so everyone knows, when I was pregnant with the boys, I dreamed of cupcakes. All I wanted was there to be a specialty cupcake store in Chattanooga, but of course, we didn't have one. Well, NOW we do and it is amazing!!!!!!!! TRY IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN!

Saturday, we got up early and took the kids to the RiverPark. We played, ate lunch, played some more and headed home. We took the boys down on one of the piers and watched the water. It's so cool to watch little kids be so amazed with things that we take for granted. The water and the boats were the coolest thing to them. Wouldn't you just love to be sweet and innocent like that!
They have had colds for about two weeks and haven't quite been able to shake them. I guess taking them out to play near the water where the air was cooler kinda sparked the cold, again. It's really probably just allergies. We all have snotty noses these days. (HUNTER COOKED DINNER!!! It was really good, yay Hunter! The gumbo was great!)
So, Ema woke up Sunday morning with a pretty yucky cold. It's the first time she's had any type of sickness since her surgery. It's a little nerve-racking to watch over her and make sure that it doesn't turn into something worse. Just pray for her! Needless to say, I didn't take the three sick children to church yesterday. We went to Sunday School and had to miss out on church so that we could stay home with the kids.
Hunter has been asked to go to Brazil on a mission trip, so he went to a meeting about that after church and me and the kids hung out again. Hunter and all of his old fart friends are playing soccer, again! So, he got home for dinner and we just hung out. We've got so much planning to do with the holidays coming up. I'm going to be way stressed. Oh well, it's a good stressed...

1 comment:

  1. I blame GiGi's for the reason why I failed the 1st glucose test! HAHA! I had one the Saturday before I had the test on a Monday. I passed the 3 hour test though! I want to see new pics of the kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete