Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fun-Filled (Read: Busy) Halloween Weekend

Our Halloween started earlier in the week. My mom and I took the kids to a Mother of Multiples Club event at a Retirement Center. We dressed the boys up in their costumes...Ethan = Cookie Monster; Cooper = Elmo; Ema = Pumpkin. They absolutely hated getting their costumes on. It was all a fabulous idea until it came to actually putting them on. My mom and I had to basically drag them in kicking and screaming until they saw all of the other kids dressed up and realized they weren't the only ones and were ok. Thursday, we dressed up at my office. It's a big deal at our office b/c my boss loves Halloween. I was Marilyn Monroe. What's funny is the winner of the costume contest was someone who dressed as....ME! It was freaky! Two of the nurses dressed as me and my friend Ron who is our Nurse Practitioner at work. It was great, but it was really weird to look at her!

Hunter and I took the kiddos up to the Mayfield Dairy Farm in Athens on Friday. We were gone all day, and it was a lot of fun. The boys got to play in the "Corn Box" (aka Sand Box replaced with corn). They jumped on Hay Bales. They got to take their first Hay Ride. I was amazed at how well they did. They weren't scared at all. The tractor pulled the wagon full of hay to the Pumpkin Patch where they got to pick out their own pumpkin out of the real patch. Ethan managed to pick out what we thought was the largest pumpkin there. It's huge!

We came home and headed out to meet our niece Lindsey and her boyfriend, Joey for dinner. They came in town for the weekend to go to the UT/South Carolina game. She recently graduated from South Carolina. He plays Pro-Baseball for one of the teams in the Kansas City Royals system. They spent the night with us through the weekend.

On Halloween, I wasn't able to take the kids out b/c I was by myself (Hunter reffed), so we just handed out candy. Let me tell you how that went...JUST WONDERFUL! Cooper insisted on screaming at everyone who rang our doorbell, "No, go home, this is my trick-or-treat!" We had forgotten to get candy, so I had to give theirs away until Hunter got home with candy. That went over like a ton of lead balloons!

The boys had started to get sick on Friday and Saturday. Their coughs were terrible, so on Sunday, we didn't actually get to take the kids to the church Pumpkin Patch. Probably a good thing seeing as how busy we had been over the weekend.

I swear I'm going to get back to blogging more regularly so everyone doesn't have to read a book. More to come...

2 comments: