Tuesday, November 17, 2009

More Weekend

Well, I got to spend the day with the fam on Saturday. Hunter went to watch the horrible UT/Ole Miss disaster with some friends and I hung out with the kiddos. 2 1/2 year olds...that's all I know to say. They are a handful!!! We have so much fun, though. I got to spend a lot of quality time with Ema, too. It seems like all I get to do with her is feed her and put her to bed, so getting to put her in the floor and play with her was awesome.
My family is so blessed! Hunter and I talked about what this time in Ethan and Cooper's lives means. It's crazy for me to understand that it's all about shaping them into the people that they will be. Even at 2 1/2. It's so hard for me to discipline them sometimes. I told Hunter that I feel like I am constantly punishing them when I only see them for a couple of hours a day. He's right though...this is when they learn manners and appropriate behavior. It's just really hard to discipline and have them get upset with me when I don't see them much.
So, anyways, we got to go out with one of my really good friends and her boyfriend on Saturday night without the kids. That seems like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth, but if you have kids, you totally understand. While I do enjoy spending my free time with them, it is also important that Hunter and I have some no kid time with adult contact. We had a ball, and who knows, Hunter may have a job lead.......
Sunday was busy, busy as usual. After Sunday School, we met with all of the youth leaders. It's a really amazing group of adults that work with our youth at church, and I am so proud to go to church there and be a part of this awesome youth group.

1 comment:

  1. You are an awesome mom, just like I knew you would be. And Hunter is an awesome dad. You both are doing an incredible job of raising your family - God has indeed blessed you both, not only with each other, but with two incredible sons and a beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete