Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Early Black Friday

So, Friday, we had an absolutely amazing time. My boss takes the entire office on a shopping trip to the outlet mall in Pigeon Forge. Ron and I (if you don't know who he is...Nurse Practitioner that is my counterpart at work), left Ooltewah super early and headed up to the hospital to get the piddly work stuff taken care of and then met everyone at the office. We loaded everyone up in a rental van, a huge Yukon XL and a Honda. The van included my boss, Ron, me and 3 others. We had a great time, just on the ride up. We ate lunch at the Apple Barn....YUMMY veggies! Then we headed to the shops. I, of course, shopped til I dropped. I had an absolute ball. I found this great place on line for coupons. I googled "Retail Coupons" and found printable-coupons.blogspot.com. It was great!! (20% off at Coach, 30% off at BR, Gap, Old Navy). Needless to say the website was great. I saved over $100 at Gap. I got tons of deals. I actually didn't buy anything for myself and got lots of Christmas shopping done. (If you know me, you know that I am huge into Black Friday and getting everything I can for Christmas done on that day; therefore, getting stuff done before then is AWESOME!)
We ended up shopping from 12 - 6 at the outlets and I didn't even get to some of the places I wanted to go. I shopped with two of the girls from work who now think I am a mad woman!! AKA: Shopaholic/Saleaholic!!! We also did a Scavenger Hunt during our shopping. TOO FUN!!
We left Pigeon Forge and headed to Knoxville where we had a super nice sit-down Steak dinner at Ye Ole' Steak House. It was great.
We ended up hopping in the car on the way home with "Christmas" on our minds after the long day of Christmas shopping. We ended up singing Christmas Carols all the way from Knoxville to Cleveland.
What a great day! My boss is a great, compassionate, giving person that ANYONE could take lessons from!!!

1 comment: