Monday, July 27, 2009

New, old job

So, I've had people ask about my job.



I used to work in Cleveland at an oncologists' (the only oncologist in Cleveland) office, but I left for what I thought was going to be an amazing opportunity about a year ago.



I went to work for a Gyn-Oncologist who is a friend of mine. We had worked together in the past, but never just me and him. He finally needed someone, so it was going to be awesome and like old times only better b/c we wouldn't have my old boss (a complete tyrant) making us insane...it was only so I thought that it would be better...

I left Cleveland on good terms. My boss was so understanding about the fact that I was being offerred the opportunity of a lifetime. She even called me a couple of times after I left to see if I would come back. A friend and I were her Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner. We all were a great team, but again at the time, it was what I thought was "an opportunity of a lifetime."


As we all unfortunately learn throughout life...some things are just not what they are cracked up to be. I'd love to blog all day about how I was treated when ultimately, I'd just be griping about other people and their 'tudes! I can't change people or the way they feel about someone or something. I can just come to terms with the fact that I did nothing wrong other than think I was going to be welcome in a new place and have some sort of authority. (When really all I got was a lot of hatred aimed at me for no reason and tons of nothing jobs put on my plate).

I can honestly say that I've never been disrespected by my peers or underlings (yeah, I just wanted to say that word), if you will, more than I was over the past year. In my almost 5 years of practicing medicine, I have never said that I was too good to do ANY job. I've earned my keep at all three jobs I've been at. I've worked partner hours and been paid measly salary. I've tried to do everything I could to please a boss that was absolutely unpleaseable. I feel like I've paid my dues at those two jobs. I'm only 30 and feel that I've had a boss that had me pay my dues the first two years I practiced. In all of this time, I've never said that I was too good or "I didn't go to school for that." BUT..............I was finally driven to break out that quote. One would think that I would feel guilty about it, but all in all, I don't!


Boy, have I learned A LOT!!! It's amazing what you CAN learn in one little, bitty year!

One thing I did good before I switched jobs...I didn't spit in the well I drink out of. I'm back in Cleveland working great hours with great people who completely respect me and my position in the office. No more piddly little chores to keep me busy.

So, maybe one day I'll talk all about everything that went on, but in a long drawn out way, this is a summary of what happened.

I do know that there are good people in the world though. If not, I wouldn't be where I am today. I don't dread going to work every day. As a matter of fact, I enjoy it when I'm there. What a concept!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment