Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back at it!

Well, I didn't get to finish doing any blogging while I was on vacation b/c my computer pooped out on us. We had internet service for just a few days and then we couldn't use it at all. Oh well...I guess it wasn't meant for us to be on the computer during VACATION.

An update on the vacation...the kids enjoyed it, but I think they are still too young to really like playing in the sand. Little Miss Ema just slept on the beach a lot. We made it through just fine, though!
We went out to eat a couple of times after my parents came down for dinner and it was really good. I had probably one of the best meals I have ever had at the Red Bar in Grayton Beach. Go there if you are ever near Seaside/Destin area.
We shopped at the outlets when it was raining. Coach was having an awesome sale!!!

Unfortunately, right in the middle of our vacation, United HealthCare managed to upset us. We were basically only approved to see Dr. Oakes (Ema's Neurosurgeon) one more time for what they call a "Closure visit." Please explain to me why. That's all I know to say! We are basically left to find someone else to take care of her after we've already established with him. Isn't that just awesome!
I'm filing an appeal with UHC, but I was informed by our pediatrician that appeal process is usually pretty dismal. How encouraging is that!??!!!
We'll see him next week and see what happens from there...
Keep us and this ridiculous insurance situation in your prayers.
If it doesn't work out, God has another plan for us.

Just an aside...42 1/2 cm (before 8/25/09) is the maximum we were not aiming to surpass on Emalinn's head circumference...the final measurement before we see him was 41 cm! THANK YOU, GOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment