Friday, August 21, 2009

Unbelievable

I will preface this story with...I am a nervous wreck. Next week is getting to me extremely early. I know crying and stressing and worrying, etc is not what will help us get through this, but I just can't seem to help it.

OK. I know I am a little stubborn and hard to deal with occasionally. Seriously though, today I experienced the most unbelievable 5 hours of my life.
I had 5 seperate tests run today. That was a little overwhelming in itself. I apprently made the mistake of being courteous and totally messed things up. The people that call and tell you what to do for prep told me not to eat or drink anything for 6 hours prior to coming. They didn't bother to tell me that for one of the tests I had to have a full bladder. Hmmmm...doesn't take rocket scientists to figure out that this cannot actually work. In my doctors' infinite wisdom, I had 4 tests scheduled at one facility and then two hours later had the fifth test scheduled at another facility which is about 20 minutes away. Not the best of ideas, but I guess they thought it would work. I decided when I was supposed to be there in 20 minutes, and I still had two tests to go, that I should call the second place and let them know. Fine. I did. They didn't let the radiology department know; therefore, my doctor accused me of rescheduling and told me they couldn't help me. Wow...I don't know what else there was for the day to get much worse. It took a lot longer to get better. Ultimately, my doctor ending up calling ME and asking me to talk to a hospital liason about how I was treated. I guess that makes me fell better???

So, maybe I am way too emotional right now.

4 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment